I have had my veggie spiralizer for over five years and simply can’t live without it. It’s one of those tools like my instant pot and vitamix blender that are my go-to’s in the kitchen. You can turn so many vegetables into healthy and nutritious noodles. My kids are always fighting over who gets to use the spiralizer. It also comes in handy in the summer time when the zucchini is in season.
Vegetables with shrimp and zucchini noodles is pretty simple and quick to throw together, not to mention pretty darn tasty. It’s filling and yet light at the same time. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can find vegetables already spiralized in the supermarket. They usually cost more so I would definitely recommend one of these tools if you prefer your veggies made this way.
Vegetables with Shrimp and Zucchini NoodlesCourse: Entrées
Spiralized vegetables is a fun way to eat or not eat pasta. It’s healthy, full of nutrition and you don’t have to feel guilty eating it.
2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
24 extra large shrimp, more if you would like
2 tablespoons of grass fed butter, I use Kerrygold.
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
feta cheese for sprinkling on top
juice from half a lemon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Clean shrimp and split open, leaving tails on.
- In a small baking dish, melt and brown 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter. Remove from the dish from the oven and mix in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic and shrimp. Bake for about 10 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- When shrimp are done, remove from oven and set aside.
- In another small baking dish, place cherry tomatoes and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they start popping.
- While the shrimp and tomatoes are baking heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Once oil is hot add the zucchini to the pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Once cherry tomatoes are done, remove from oven. I like to smash them a bit to release the juices. Mix the tomatoes into the pan with the zucchini.
- Next add in the shrimp and the sauce and mix well.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with fresh parsley and top with feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- This dish serves two.