Roasted French green beans with potatoes and mushrooms is my definition of comfort food at its finest. My mouth is watering right now as I am writing this post and looking at this photo. The roasted baby yellow potatoes, French green beans and baby bella mushrooms pair so well and can be eaten alone or as a side dish. You can even prepare them for a holiday dinner…hint hint. This dish can save you time by making them the day before since they reheat really well.
Most of the vegetables in this recipe are fresh, however I purchase my French beans from Trader Joe’s. You can find them in the frozen isle. Sure, you can use regular green beans, but I love how thin they are plus they taste so darn good. They were my kids favorite beans as they were growing up. I always make sure to keep a few bags tucked away in my freezer.
Roasted French Green Beans with Potatoes and MushroomsCourse: Side Dishes
Roasted vegetables are always a crowd pleaser. This is so simple to make without too much prep work.
1 large shallot, cut in slivers
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 pound of French green beans
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons avocado oil, or any other high smoke point oil
1 pound of baby yellow potatoes
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes in the pan cutting larger ones in half, lightly coat in oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, add in green beans, shallot, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence and oil. Tossing to coat well.
- Bake in oven for another 25-30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Making sure to mix vegetables a few times during roasting.
- Allow to cool and enjoy alone or as a side dish. Enjoy!