Recently, I discovered these potatoes that I chose as a side dish with my roasted chicken dinner from Fresh Market. They were so good but loaded with calories. I couldn’t help but buy them every week for the entire month of December. Enough was enough I thought, I had to make my own lighter version at home. I was tired of feeling guilty every time I ate them.
I don’t know exactly what was in the potatoes that I purchased at the market, but the flavor was there, if not better. At least I know that my potatoes aren’t made with heavy whipping cream. Plus, my this recipe is gluten and guilt free.
Baby Potatoes in a Garlic Cream SauceCourse: Entrées
Enjoy these creamy potatoes as a delicious side dish to accompany any meal. The sauce is light by making it with almond milk but it has a nice kick.
2 ½ pounds of baby yellow potatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of butter,
2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup or unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- For the potatoes
- Place all of the potatoes in a large cooking pot. Fill with enough cold, salted water, making sure they are submerged.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Do not cover the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- For the sauce
- Whisk in the flour for about a minute or so. Add in the broth, whisking constantly, until it begins to thicken.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter. Next, add garlic, stirring frequently for about a minute.
- Stir in almond milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Finally, add in the cooked baby potatoes to the sauce, stirring until fully coated in the cream sauce. Enjoy!
- Feel free to add as much or as little garlic that you like.