I am not a person who prefers hot and spicy foods. However, there is something about Buffalo sauce that keeps me going back for more. When I first tried Buffalo cauliflower, it was at a restaurant on a family vacation. I decided that I wanted a healthy appetizer as my dinner, but that is not what was served. At that point I didn’t care, it was delicious! I thought to myself, I can totally make a guiltless version of this meal when I get back home.
It’s so simple to make and soon became one of my go to veggies that I love sharing with friends and family. I have also been known to take some of this cauliflower and create veggie tacos and have also used it to top a gluten-free pizza as well.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower BitesCourse: Side Dishes
This roasted buffalo cauliflower is a healthier take on wings that can be eaten alone, topped with sour cream, ranch dressing or your favorite dip.
1 head of cauliflower chopped into florets
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoons avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- For the sauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large ziplock bag or bowl, combine garlic powder, salt, pepper and oil. Add in cauliflower and shake to coat.
- Place cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer with space between them. Bake until lightly roasted, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- While they are cooking, mix the butter and hot sauce in a separate bowl.
- After the cauliflower is done, brush on the sauce as light or as generous as you would like and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.