I have to be honest, when I make pizza at home it’s usually because I don’t have time to cook so I use ready made crust as a short cut. I don’t see anything wrong with that, especially being a very busy working mom. Plus, there are so many great options out there, all the hard work is already done for you.
My go to cauliflower crust is from Trader Joe’s, in the freezer isle. I know they have other brands out there in almost all supermarkets, but I haven’t tried any of them. If you’re using the Trader Joe’s brand, follow the directions very carefully and be careful flipping it over. Maybe hold a large plate over it to keep it from falling apart.
This is definitely one of my favorite pizzas to make but when using a ready made crust, I always have fun with it using whatever vegetables that I have on hand.
Cauliflower Pizza with Brussels Sprouts, Fig and Goat CheeseCourse: Entrées
The sweetness of the figs and balsamic glaze makes this meatless entrée a tough one to share, it tastes more like a treat.
Pre-made cauliflower crust
8 ounces of Brussels sprouts, shaved
2-3 figs, sliced
3 ounces goat cheese
3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs. balsamic glaze
a dash of salt and pepper
- Cook the cauliflower crust according to the directions on its package. If you are using the one from Trader Joe’s like I have, you need to precook it before adding your toppings and placing back into the oven.
- While your crust is baking in the oven, take a medium sized frying pan and heat up 1 tbs. of olive oil.
- Next, add your shaved Brussels sprouts and sauté with a dash of salt and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- When cauliflower crust is ready for toppings, brush with 2 tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Top with the shaved Brussels sprouts, sliced figs and crumbled goat cheese.
- Place back into the oven set at whatever temperature your cauliflower crust package states to set it to and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has softened.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Slice up your pizza and enjoy!
- This recipe uses a pre-made cauliflower crust of your choice. I use one from the freezer section at Trader Joe’s.