Now this is my definition of comfort food at its finest. My mouth is watering right now as I am writing this post and looking at this photo. The roasted baby yellow potatoes, French green beans and baby bella mushrooms pair so well and can be eaten this alone or as a side dish… perhaps for a holiday dinner…hint hint. You can save time and make these ahead since they reheat really well.
Most of the vegetables in this recipe are fresh, however I purchase my French beans from Trader Joe’s in the frozen isle because they are hard to find in other supermarkets. Sure, you can use regular green beans, but I just love how thin they are plus they taste so darn good. They were my kids favorite beans as they growing up and even today, I always keep a few bags tucked away in my freezer.
Roasted Green Beans and PotatoesCourse: Side Dishes
Roasted vegetables are always a crowd pleaser. This is so simple to make without too much prep work.
1 large shallot, cut in slivers
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 lbs. French green beans
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbs. avocado oil, or any other high smoke point oil
1 lbs. baby yellow potatoes
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes in the pan cutting larger ones in half, lightly coat in oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, add in green beans, shallot, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence and oil. Tossing to coat well.
- Bake in oven for another 25-30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Making sure to mix vegetables a few times during roasting.
- Allow to cool and enjoy alone or as a side dish.